Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Start of SMG Alps 2011

Hey there everyone,

Well, after an interesting fight (Reno - Phoenix - Philadelphia - Zurich) I've (Neil) arrived in Pontresina. US Airways lost one of my bags so that will be a fun follow up.  It's the bag with all the gear in to so I've got fingers crossed that they find it soon.  This year we decided to  rent a car in Zurich instead of taking the train to give us more flexibility with weather.  What a cool drive from Zurich to Pontresina. I went right over Julierpass (2284m) and dropped into St. Moritz.  This place is amazing! I'm staying at the Hotel Post in Pontresina for a couple of days of scouting before I connect with Tony, Mich, and Bastien.  I'll be posting with pictures and trip updates as often as I can. 

Some light rain going over the pass.




Looking down the street in Pontresina
The front of the Hotel Post
The lobby in the Post

No comments:

Post a Comment